After an introduction to the science and the political controversy, the topics are the hydrology of the unsaturated zone, the saturated zone hydrology, the fluid geochemistry, the paleohydrology of unsaturated and saturated zones, conditions and processes affecting radionuclide transport, and effects of coupled processes on the proposed repository.
What does UZN stand for?
UZN stands for Unsaturated Zone
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UZN
- Unione Zoologica Italiana
- Universal Zealots, Inc. (gaming)
- Upheaval-Zombie Infestation (gaming)
- University of Zimbabwe
- United Zo Indigenous People (India)
- Unsaturated Zone Monitoring
- Uzzi Mods (gaming console modification web site)
- University of Zagreb Medical School (Croatia)
- United Zero Network (gaming clan)
- Universal Zulu Nation
- United Zeolite Products (First American Scientific Corp.)
- Uniunea Ziaristilor Profesionisti (din Româia)
- Urease and Zirconium Phosphate (biochemistry)
- Urzad Zamowien Publicznych (Polish: Public Procurement Office; Poland)
- Ultra Zip Password Cracker (software)
- Ultimate Zone Rating
- Universitätszentrum Rottenmann (Austria)
- United Zion Revisionists of America
- Uhrzeigersinn (German: clockwise)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The scheme of hysteretic flow in this paper deals with numerical solutions of the mixed Richards equation to simulate hysteretic transient flow in the unsaturated zone.
While the bulk of the material describes the analytical tools for the description, modeling of flow, and transport phenomena in saturated and unsaturated zones, some chapters provide an introduction to the geological setting and the analysis of simple flow and contaminant transport problems; discuss the production of groundwater and hydraulics of wells; and provide information concerned with pollution remediation, landfills, and associated legal and regulatory models.
9 m of unsaturated zone underlying a well-developed biomat zone (Magdoff et al.
The air is then vented through the unsaturated zone.
A vacuum is used to remediate the soil of the unsaturated zone (the "vadose" zone) by producing a controlled flow of air, which can remove many types of volatile and semivolatile contaminants.
Induced polarization measurements on cores retrieved from the columns show that the real component of the complex conductivity, a measure of mainly the electrolytic conductivity, is greater in magnitude for both the saturated and unsaturated zones of the diesel-contaminated column in comparison to the uncontaminated column.