After an introduction to the science and the political controversy, the topics are the hydrology of the unsaturated zone, the saturated zone hydrology, the fluid geochemistry, the paleohydrology of unsaturated and saturated zones, conditions and processes affecting radionuclide transport, and effects of coupled processes on the proposed repository.
What does UZ stand for?
UZ stands for Unsaturated Zone
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UZ
- Upper Yellowstone Watershed Basin (park conservation district; Livingston, MT)
- Urban Youth Workers Institute (California)
- United Youth and Youth Workers of Boston (Massachusetts)
- Official Postal Card (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- Uhrzuender (German: WW II Clockwork Fuze)
- Ultra Zoom (camera feature)
- Universitair Ziekenhuis (university hospital)
- University of Zimbabwe
- Uniwersytet Zielonogorski (University of Zielona Gora, Poland)
- Universitair Ziekenhuis Antwerpen (Antwerp, Belgium)
- UrbaniZed Area (Federal Highway Administration)
- Unie van Zuid-Amerikaanse Naties (Dutch: Union of South American Nations)
- Uzbekistan Airways (ICAO code)
- Ultimate Zip Cracker (password retrieval; VDG Software)
- Unibertsitate Zerbitzuetarako Euskal Ikastetxea (Basque: Basque Center for Terminology and Lexicography; Spain)
- University of Zurich (Zurich, Switerland)
- Centre of Hydrometeorological Service at Cabinet of Minister's of Republic of Uzbekistan
- Unieke Zorgverlener Identificatie (Dutch: Caring Unique Identification)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The scheme of hysteretic flow in this paper deals with numerical solutions of the mixed Richards equation to simulate hysteretic transient flow in the unsaturated zone.
While the bulk of the material describes the analytical tools for the description, modeling of flow, and transport phenomena in saturated and unsaturated zones, some chapters provide an introduction to the geological setting and the analysis of simple flow and contaminant transport problems; discuss the production of groundwater and hydraulics of wells; and provide information concerned with pollution remediation, landfills, and associated legal and regulatory models.
9 m of unsaturated zone underlying a well-developed biomat zone (Magdoff et al.
The air is then vented through the unsaturated zone.
A vacuum is used to remediate the soil of the unsaturated zone (the "vadose" zone) by producing a controlled flow of air, which can remove many types of volatile and semivolatile contaminants.
Induced polarization measurements on cores retrieved from the columns show that the real component of the complex conductivity, a measure of mainly the electrolytic conductivity, is greater in magnitude for both the saturated and unsaturated zones of the diesel-contaminated column in comparison to the uncontaminated column.