These deal promoters should keep in mind that tax exempt investors may be subject to the Unrelated Business Income Tax (UBIT).
What does UBIT stand for?
UBIT stands for Unrelated Business Income Tax
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of UBIT
We have 1 other meaning of UBIT in our Acronym Attic
- Universal Business Integration Platform
- Ubiquitous User Modeling (workshop)
- University of Birmingham (UK)
- University of Bolton Institutional Repository (UK)
- Ultrasonic Borehole Imager Report (oil industry)
- Ulster Bank Investment Services (Ireland)
- Ultrasound Bone Imaging Scanner (medical instrument)
- Unified Built-In Self Test Approach
- Universal Benefit from Information Technology (University of Washington)
- Universitetsbiblioteket I Trondheim (NTNU Library)
- Ube, Japan (Airport Code)
- Ukrainian Balneology Journal
- Ukrainian Biochemical Journal (est. 1926)
- Union Bank of Jamaica
- Upper Ball Joint (automotive)
- Upton, Bradeen & James Ltd (machinery dealer, Mississauga, ON, Canada)
- Utah Board of Juvenile Justice
- Ukrayina Bez Kuchmy (2000-2001 Ukrainian protest)
- Unbleached Kraft (containerboard classification)
- United Bank of Kuwait, PLC (London, England, UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
They detail the rules, regulations, and limitations imposed by the courts, the Internal Revenue Code, and the Treasury Regulations; charitable contribution and fundraising issues; the unrelated business income tax, excise taxes, and intermediate sanctions imposed on them; and the rules regarding private foundations.
Unless there is a huge spike in unrelated business income tax payments from such charities, the pressure on them will remain.
This report (1) assesses the effect of the Credit Union Membership Access Act on credit union membership and charters, (2) reviews the National Credit Union Administration's (NCUA) efforts to expand services to low- and moderate-income individuals, (3) compares rates offered by credit unions with comparably sized banks, (4) discusses unrelated business income tax issues, and (5) assesses transparency of credit union senior executive compensation.
The ruling also examines if an exempt organization is subject to unrelated business income tax on its distributive share of the LLC's income.
Assuming the income consists of dividends, interest, and capital gains, this shouldn't result in any tax under the unrelated business income tax rules.
If there is a mortgage, then the IRA or qualified plan will have to pay unrelated business income tax (UBIT).
It also covers exemption issues, unrelated business income tax, the special rules applicable to private foundations, tax rules applicable to unrelated business income, and the tax and reporting rules applicable to political organizations.