The balloons symbolise the 2,000 unrelated bone marrow transplants carried out as a direct result of the Anthony Nolan Bone Marrow Trust register, which carries the names of potential donors.
What does UBMT stand for?
UBMT stands for Unrelated Bone Marrow Transplants
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- University of Birmingham Mountaineering Club (UK)
- University of Bradford Management Centre (UK)
- University of Bristol Mountaineering Club (Bristol, England, UK)
- Upper Blackfoot Mining Complex (Montana Department of Environmental Quality)
- Union of Bulgarian Musicians and Dancers
- Unrelated Bone Marrow Donor Registry
- Union of British Messianic Jewish Congregations
- Upward Bound Math/Science (Upward Bound)
- Upper-Body Muscular Strength and Endurance
- Upward Bound Math and Science Regional Center (Western Carolina University, Cullowhee, NC)
- Uniform Biological Material Transfer Agreement
- Ukraine Banner Network
- Union Bank of Nigeria
- United Blood Nation (gang)
- Unity Broadcasting Network (Christian TV network)
- Unity Business Networks LLC (various locations; network solutions)
- Unsatisfied Basic Needs (poverty measurement)
- Union Bay Natural Area (Seattle, Washington)
- United Bikers of Northern California (Shingletown, CA)
- University Boulevard Nazarene Church (Jacksonville, FL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) Oncologic Drug Advisory Committee voted against approval of Fujisawa Healthcare's tacrolimus (Prograf) for the prevention of graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) in both matched and unrelated bone marrow transplants.