While the new rules contained restrictions for gay organ donors, they did trigger a review on the restriction of gay men's bone marrow and stem cells, according to Jennifer Phillippe, director of One Match,--formerly known as the Unrelated Bone Marrow Donor Registry.
What does UBMDR stand for?
UBMDR stands for Unrelated Bone Marrow Donor Registry
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Use-Based Maintenance
- Understanding Before Memorization Approach (spelling)
- University Bioscience Managers' Association (UK)
- Used Building Materials Association (now Building Material Reuse Association)
- Universitetsbiblioteket for miljø- og biovitenskap (Norwegian University Library of Life Sciences)
- University of Birmingham Mountaineering Club (UK)
- University of Bradford Management Centre (UK)
- University of Bristol Mountaineering Club (Bristol, England, UK)
- Upper Blackfoot Mining Complex (Montana Department of Environmental Quality)
- Union of Bulgarian Musicians and Dancers
- Union of British Messianic Jewish Congregations
- Upward Bound Math/Science (Upward Bound)
- Upper-Body Muscular Strength and Endurance
- Upward Bound Math and Science Regional Center (Western Carolina University, Cullowhee, NC)
- Unrelated Bone Marrow Transplants
- Uniform Biological Material Transfer Agreement
- Ukraine Banner Network
- Union Bank of Nigeria
- United Blood Nation (gang)
- Unity Broadcasting Network (Christian TV network)
Samples in periodicals archive:
If you need blood, any ethnic group can have your blood type, but if you are from a certain genetic background and you need bone marrow, you are more likely to find your donor in your own community," explained Beverly Campbell, director of the Canadian Blood Services OneMatch Stem Cell and Marrow Network, formerly known as the Unrelated Bone Marrow Donor Registry.
The Canadian Blood Services' decision last November to "rebrand" its national bone marrow registry by changing the name of the registry from the Unrelated Bone Marrow Donor Registry to the OneMatch Stem Cell and Marrow Donor Network in an attempt to get more ethnic citizens to sign on has apparently been a major success.