While it makes evolutionary sense for animals to help their kin, it is harder to explain cases where competitors - especially unrelated adult males - join forces.
What does UAM stand for?
UAM stands for Unrelated Adult Male
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UAM
We have 75 other meanings of UAM in our Acronym Attic
- Unit Atom Model (physics)
- Unité d'Appui Multimédia (French: Multimedia Support Unit; Belgium)
- United Aerial Mapping
- Universal American Corporation (stock symbol)
- Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain)
- Universidad Autónoma de Manizales (Colombia)
- Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana (México)
- University Art Museum (UC Santa Barbara)
- University of Arkansas-Monticello (Monticello, Arkansas)
- Uniwersytet im. Adama Mickiewicza (Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland)
- Urawa Art Museum (Saitama, Japan)
- Urban Airshed Model
- User Access Management
- User Access Module
- User Account Manager (software)
- User Alert Message
- User Authentication Method
- User Authentication Module (Microsoft software for secure networking between Mac computers and Windows NT Servers)
- User to Access Mapper
- Utility Asset Management (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
One biological explanation is that girls whose fathers are not present in the home may be exposed to other adult males--stepfathers or their mothers' boyfriends--and that exposure to pheromones (chemical substances that exude an aroma which is a sexual stimulant) produced by unrelated adult males accelerates female pubertal development.