Methamphetamine use among MSM has been associated with higher frequencies of unprotected anal intercourse (Rusch et al.
What does UAI stand for?
UAI stands for Unprotected Anal Intercourse
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UAI
We have 49 other meanings of UAI in our Acronym Attic
- Union Académique Internationale
- Union Astronomique Internationale (French: International Astronomical Union)
- Union des Associations Internationales (French: Union of International Associations)
- Unione Astrofili Italiani (Italian: Italian Amateur Astronomers Union)
- United Against Injustice (UK)
- Universal Access Interface
- Universal Armament Interface
- Universidad Abierta Interamericana (Spanish: American Open University; Argentina)
- Universidad Adolfo Ibañez (Spanish: Adolfo Ibañez University; Chile)
- University Admissions Index (NSW/ACT, index needed by HS Graduating students in order to enter university)
- Urgent Account Information
- USACE (United States Army Corps of Engineers) Acquisition Instruction
- Usage, Attitude and Image (marketing research survey)
- Use As Is
- unprotected anal intercourse with casual partners
- Ukrainian Association of Investment Business (Kiev, Ukraine)
- Unified Aerodynamic Influence Coefficient
- Union of Associations of Industry and Commerce
- United American Insurance Company
- United Arab Investors Company (Amman, Jordan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Between 11% and 29% of incident HIV infections would be averted over 10 years if oral pre-exposure prophylaxis and antiretroviral treatment coverage were assumed to be 40% and if 20% of unprotected anal intercourse encounters were replaced with condom-protected intercourse.
Nonetheless, they believe that although South Africa's HIV epidemic probably cannot be attributed to unprotected anal intercourse, risk reduction interventions should address the role of anal sex in HIV transmission.
The researchers aimed to figure the percentage of HIV-infected men who had unprotected anal intercourse with three types of partners: (1) partners they knew had HIV infection, (2) partners whose HIV status they did not know (HIV-unknown partners), and (3) partners they knew did not have HIV infection.
As part of a wider qualitative study on unprotected anal intercourse amongst homosexually active men with diagnosed HIV in England and Wales, 42 respondents were asked about their awareness of criminal prosecutions for the sexual transmission of HIV, and how (if at all) they had adapted their sexual behaviour as a result.
This has "made it impossible for gay men to admit openly to having unprotected anal intercourse even on occasion without .
In addition, recent seroconversions among gay men often involve receptive unprotected anal intercourse (UAI) with partners they knew to be HIV-positive at the time .