Army unveiled the Crusher unmanned ground combat vehicle last week in a ceremony hosted by the Carnegie Mellon University's National Robotics Engineering Center in Pittsburgh, Pa.
What does UGCV stand for?
UGCV stands for Unmanned Ground Combat Vehicle
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of UGCV in our Acronym Attic
- Uniform Grant and Contract Management Standards (Texas)
- Ultrasound-Guided Compression Repair
- Uganda German Cultural Society
- Undergraduate Computer Science Cluster
- Unified Ground Control Station (Kutta Tech)
- Union Grove Christian School (Lexington, NC)
- Universal Ground Control Station (US DoD)
- University of Glamorgan Commercial Services (UK)
- Ufficio Generale Coordinamento Tecnico (Italian: General Technical Coordination Office)
- University of Gloucestershire Christian Union (Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, UK)
- Ultra God Damn
- Unit Gawat Darurat
- Upper Gastrointestinal Disease
- Upstate Guide Dogs (New York)
- Urban Green Days (EU)
- Uniform/Gaussian Discriminant Analysis
- Union Grand-Duc Adolphe (German: Grand Duke Adolphe Association; National Federation of Music; Luxembourg)
- Upstate Guide Dog Association (New York)
- Ultimate Game Database
- Unified Geochemical Database for Brazil
Samples in periodicals archive:
recently announced it has received an order for two UQM generators to provide generated power for two additional "Spinner" hybrid electric unmanned ground combat vehicles (UGCVs) being built by a team led by the National Robotics Engineering Consortium, a unit of Carnegie Mellon University's Robotics Institute.
Marine Corps to develop a hybrid electric propulsion and distributed power system for small, unmanned ground combat vehicles.
In the story, "Lack of Autonomy Hampering Progress of Battlefield Robots," (May 2003, page 33) it should have been mentioned that the Rod Millen Special Vehicles company is a member of the team Retiarius working on the Army Unmanned Ground Combat Vehicle.
UQM Technologies recently announced it has received a $314,000 order for its high torque propulsion systems and generators for two "Spinner" hybrid unmanned ground combat vehicles (UGCV) being built by Carnegie Mellon University Robotics Institute's National Robotics Engineering Consortium.