Taranis, a prototype unmanned combat aircraft of the future which was unveiled in July 2010, will test the possibility of the first ever autonomous unmanned combat air vehicle that would ultimately be capable of precisely striking targets at long range even in another continent.
What does UCAV stand for?
UCAV stands for Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of UCAV
- User Catalogue (IBM OS/390)
- Utah College of Applied Technology (Salt Lake City, UT)
- UTC (Unit Type Code) Capability and Assessment Tool
- Uniform Contribution Among Tortfeasors Act of 1955
- Universal Combined Arms Targeting System
- University of Cincinnati Athletic Team Scholarship (Cincinnati, OH)
- Union of Construction, Allied Trades and Technicians (UK labor union)
- Uninhabited Combat Aerial Vehicle
- Uninhabited Combat Air Vehicle
- Unione Concessionari Audi Volkswagen (Italian: Audi-Volkswagen Dealers' Union; Verona, Italy)
- Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle - Navy
- Utility Contractors Association of Washington
- Urban Councils Association of Zimbabwe
- Ultraviolet Coronal Berkeley
- Umwelt-Campus Birkenfeld (Germany)
- Uncalled4 Band (music)
- Unemployment Compensation Benefits
- Union Chimique Belge (French; biopharmaceutical manufacturer; Brussels, Belgium)
- Union de Crédit pour le Bâtiment (Belgium)
- Unit Code Browser
Samples in periodicals archive:
Statistics show that a total of 53 drone attacks were carried out in Pakistan by the US unmanned combat air vehicles in 2009, killing 709 people, mostly innocent tribesmen including women and children, The News reported.
J-UCAS was formed last October by merging the Air Force X-45 and the Navy X-47 unmanned combat air vehicle programs.
It said its Precision Air Systems business had won a deal to supply its HiPPAG airborne high pressure air compressor for Boeing's X-45 Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle (UCAV) programme.
We have a debate going on today about the Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle.
Support will be provided to both the F/A-22 and Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle Systems Program Offices over the next 12 months for the delivery of acquisition logistics, systems engineering and other program management services.