New York (AirGuideBusiness - Company Watch) Aug 22, 2010 Australia will continue operating Israel Aerospace Industries Heron unmanned air vehicles in Afghanistan until at least December 2011, following extension of a lease contract with Canada's MacDonald, Dettwiler.
What does UAV stand for?
UAV stands for Unmanned Air Vehicle
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of UAV
We have 61 other meanings of UAV in our Acronym Attic
- University Avenue Undergraduate Journal of Economics
- Unite d'Accueil des Urgences Psychiatrique (French: Unit of Reception of the Psychiatric Urgencies)
- Urantia Association of the United States (Leavenworth, KS)
- Uganda Association of University Women
- Underlying Asset Value (finance)
- Uninhabited Air Vehicle
- United American Veterans
- University of Antelope Valley (Lancaster, CA)
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
- Unmanned Aerospace Vehicle
- Unmanned Airborne Vehicle
- Unoccupied Air Vehicle
- Unpiloted Aerial Vehicle (less common)
- Unstoppable Allied Vanguards (gaming group)
- Urban Assault Vehicle
- User Antenna View
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Ground Station Module
- Unmanned Aerial/Airborne Vehicle - Close
- Unmanned Aerial/Airborne Vehicle - Close Ground Control Station
- Unmanned Aerial/Airborne Vehicle - Close Range
Samples in periodicals archive:
The story stated that a Marine Corps unmanned air vehicle program in which Aurora was competing was cancelled, but the program was actually delayed.
These are the traits we'd like our unmanned air vehicles to have.
With increased DoD emphasis on the development of unmanned air vehicle and unmanned combat air vehicle weapon systems, the propulsion requirements contained in JSSG-2007A can be tailored for high-value UAVs (such as Global Hawk) and UCAVs.
Forecast International has, well, forecast that the world's military forces will spend approximately eleven billion US dollars on reconnaissance and surveillance unmanned air vehicles in the next nine years.
A lot of people accuse guys like me, a crusty old fighter pilot, of being afraid of the unmanned air vehicle.
New York, Geneva (AirGuideBusiness - Aerospace & Defense News - Defense Africa / Middle East) May 30, 2010 Elbit Systems Elbit Systems will conduct the first simultaneous test of its universal command and control ground station with the Hermes 450 and Hermes 900 unmanned air vehicles before the end of this year.