This was on top of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006, which prohibits gambling businesses from knowingly accepting payment through the Internet, essentially making online gambling illegal.
What does UIGEA stand for?
UIGEA stands for Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
- Uganda International Fashion Week (Kampala, Uganda)
- Useless Information for You
- Uighur (ISO language code, aka UG)
- Underground Injection Control
- Union Industrielle Genevoise (French: Industrial Union Genevoise)
- United Industries Group
- Universal Industrial Gases, Inc. (Easton, PA)
- Université des Industries Graphiques (French: University of Graphic Industries; France)
- Utility Industry Group
- Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement (Act of 2006)
- Unlawful Internet Gambling Funding Prohibition Act
- United Institute of Geology Geophysics and Mineralogy (Russia)
- Union Internationale des Guides et Scouts d’Europe (International Union of the Guides and Scouts of Europe; est. 1956)
- Union Internationale des Guides et Scouts d'Europe - Fédération du Scoutisme Européen (French)
- Unidentified Isometric Grapevine Virus
- unmanned intelligent ground vehicle
- Udruga Inovatora Hrvatske (Croatian: Association of Innovators)
- Unilateral Inguinal Hernia
- Union Industrial Home (now UIH Family Partners; Trenton, NJ; est. 1859)
- Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc. (est. 1990; Florida)
Samples in periodicals archive:
6) This note begins with a brief history of the online gambling industry, Congress' attempts at regulation, and an outline of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006 (UIGEA).