The attacker forced a staff member to the floor and dragged him into an office before taking an unknown quantity of cash.
What does X stand for?
X stands for Unknown Quantity (variable)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of X
We have 1 other meaning of X in our Acronym Attic
- Offensive team (sports/coaching)
- Perpendicular to Orbit Plane
- Personal Mark (or signature)
- Special Distribution (Air Force)
- Special Equipment (Stores 100 code)
- Strike (bowling)
- Telephone Extension
- Transfer (prefix)
- X Chromosome (genetics)
- X Gene (X-Men)
- X Windows (TCP/IP-based network-oriented window system)
- X-ray (aviation letter code)
- Xerox Corporation
- Energetic High-Frequency Electromagnetic Radiation
- Experiment and Development Flotilla (landing craft; US Navy)
- Statistical Exchange Method
- X(Alpha)-Multiple Scattering
Samples in periodicals archive:
Firefighters were called to make the vehicle safe and clear drains of the unknown quantity of milk that spilled onto the highway.
The five-year-old is something of an unknown quantity but showed plenty of promise on his only appearance when staying on strongly to finish third in a bumper at the course last November.
Byline: William Carr, Kirkby Think not of unknown quantity if you become a surrogate Think only of the being whose life you will enhance.
Like Dawkins, Chomsky calls himself an unknown quantity, but scientism is not an unknown folly.
At the start of this season he was an unknown quantity.