As Maggie Thatcher said after nearly being killed in the 1984 Brighton bombing: "It must be business as usual" as if it isn't, then the known or the unknown enemy has won.
What does UE stand for?
UE stands for Unknown Enemy (gaming)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of UE
We have 19 other meanings of UE in our Acronym Attic
- United Express (airline)
- Unity of the Empire (descendant of a qualified United Empire Loyalists)
- Uniunea Europeana (Romanian: European Union)
- Universal English (Adobe)
- Universal Exports (James Bond movie)
- University Entrance (examination)
- University of Edinburgh (UK)
- University of Evansville (Evansville, IN)
- University of the East
- University of the East (Manila, Philippines)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Thou art my Lord to whom art Thou going to entrust me to an unknown enemy who is bitter with me or to an enemy who has dominance over my affairs?
We buy creams, lose weight and go for the latest treatments in an effort to fight this unknown enemy.
You take on the role of Davis Russell, a cop who finds himself thrust into war when his city is invaded by an unknown enemy.
The two are down in the Foul mire between the dangerous bog quicksand and an unknown enemy that soon becomes apparent.
But Olmstead is a fine tragedian and knows such transgression can't go unredressed, and it's not long afterward, out in the merciless Mexican desert, that Napoleon's men realize they are being trailed, and then trapped, by an unknown enemy.
The people we purportedly sought to liberate became in time the unknown enemy, the innocent indistinguishable from the terrorist; survival drove perception, instantaneous reflex action locked out reflection, gut instinct guided action.