Herbal medicines would have provided advantages for early human health, and the use of insect-repelling plants adds a new dimension to our understanding of human behavior 77,000 years ago" said Lyn Wadley, honorary professor at the University of the Witwatersrand.
What does WITS stand for?
WITS stands for University of the Witwatersrand (South Africa)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WITS
We have 52 other meanings of WITS in our Acronym Attic
- Women in International Trade Orange County (California)
- When In Trouble Or In Doubt Run In Circles Scream And Shout
- Winnipeg Institute for Theoretical Physics (University of Manitoba; Winnepeg, Manitoba, Canada)
- Western Isles Transport Preservation Group (UK)
- Westchester Institute for Training in Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy (New York)
- Western Iowa Tourism Region (Red Oak, IA)
- Writers in the Round
- Wireless Information Technology Resource Center (University of Westminster, UK)
- Why Is the Rum Gone?
- Wireless Electricity
- Wadhwa Ingenious Training Services (India)
- Wales Interpretation and Translation Service (UK)
- Walk Away, Ignore, Talk It Out, Seek Help (bullying program)
- Washington Interagency Telecommunications System
- Washington State Court Interpreters and Translators Society
- Watershed Information Technical System
- Web Interface for Telescience
- Wellsite Information Transfer Specification
- Windermere Information Technology Systems
- Wireless Independent Target System (MILES Component)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Boffard trained for medicine at the University of the Witwatersrand and at one stage worked in the UK before returning to South Africa.
Dr Fazal Mahmood Mahomed is the Director, Centre for Different Equations, Continuum mechanics and applications, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Born: in South Africa Spouse: Stuart, for 25 years Education Summary: MBA, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa, 1983; MA in Business Philosophy, Somerset University, United Kingdom, 1991 Career Summary: S.
Lonks ([double dagger]) * Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA; ([dagger]) University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa; and ([double dagger]) Brown Medical School, Providence, Rhode Island, USA Dr.
A University of the Witwatersrand study said women bear the brunt of the country's raging AIDS epidemic - which infects five million of South Africa's 45 million people, the highest level in the world.