Ford provided administrative leadership for a Unification model in nursing at the University of Rochester Medical Center, where she was founding dean of the School of Nursing and director of nursing in the university's Strong Memorial Hospital.
What does URMC stand for?
URMC stands for University of Rochester Medical Center (New York)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of URMC
- Utility and Recurring Maintenance (finance)
- Uþsienio Reikalø Ministerija (Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania)
- Ubiquitin-Related Modifier 1
- Underground Radioactive Materials Area
- University Research Magazine Association
- Upper Relevant Maximum Amount (corporate tax policy; UK)
- Usher's Road Maintenance Association (St. Mary's County, Maryland)
- Utilities Replacement and Modification Accord
- Union Regional Medical Center (Union County, NC)
- United Realty Management Corp. (Albany, NY)
- Upson Regional Medical Center (Thomaston, Georgia)
- Utility Risk Management Corporation (est. 2005; various locations)
- United Reservation Movement Council of Assam
- Utah Reclamation, Mitigation, and Conservation Commission
- Urban Road Maintenance District (Oregon)
- Undergraduate Range Management Exam (range science student competition)
- Urban Remembrance and Memory of Europe
- Ubiquitous Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule for Mobile E-Learning (Aachen, Germany)
- Underrepresented Minority and Female Program
- US (United States)-Russia Marketing Group (est. 1982)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Many women become depressed and anxious after losing a baby during pregnancy, and these reactions often persist even after carrying another child to term, propose psychiatrist Emma Robertson Blackmore of the University of Rochester Medical Center in New York and her colleagues.
PHTHALATES, common chemicals found in cosmetics and soap, have been linked to abdominal obesity and insulin resistance in men by the University of Rochester Medical Center, USA.
These men are often young," says Jeanne O'Brien, MD, an associate professor of urology and male infertility at the University of Rochester Medical Center in New York.
Reproduction Ramifications In another presentation, Shanna Swan, a professor of obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Rochester Medical Center, shared the results of her group's investigation--the first of its kind in humans--of the effects of prenatal phthalate exposure on male testicular development.
Dib, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 704, Rochester, NY 14642, USA; fax: 585-273-1051; email: Elie_Dib@urmc.
James Zimmer of the University of Rochester Medical Center, as well as representatives of HCFA, claimed that skilled nursing facilities can assume a large amount of the respiratory and coronary care provided by hospitals with only a relatively small investment in acute care nursing skills, intravenous and ventilator therapy, and more intensive monitoring.