For the current study, the researchers initially looked at a "training" set of 56 patients with non small cell lung cancer in the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute Georgia Cooper Lung Research Registry.
What does UPCI stand for?
UPCI stands for University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UPCI
We have 1 other meaning of UPCI in our Acronym Attic
- Utah Partners for Conservation and Development
- University of the Philippines College of Engineering (Quezon City, Republic of the Philippines)
- Upper Peninsula Center for Educational Development (Marquette, MI)
- Undergraduate Program in Central European Studies (Czech Republic)
- Unified Program Consolidated Form
- Union Progressive Canadienne-Française (French)
- Unije Poslodavaca Crne Gore (Serbian: Union of Employers of Montenegro)
- Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia (Lima, Peru)
- Unique Patient Client Identifier (UK)
- United Pentecostal Church International
- Upper Plains Contracting, Inc. (Aberdeen, SD)
- Urban per Capita Income (income measurement)
- Urinary Protein C Inhibitor (biochemistry)
- Universal Property and Casualty Insurance Company
- Ultimate Piano Care Kit
- Uttaranchal Power Corporation Ltd. (Dehradun, India)
- University of Pittsburgh Center for Learning in Out-of-School Environments
- Unidirectional Phase Center Motion
- United Park City Mines Company (Park City, UT)
- United Protestant Campus Ministry (Chicago, IL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Washington, Nov 04 (ANI): A new research has shown that stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT), a radiation therapy procedure pioneered at the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute (UPCI) that precisely delivers a large dose of radiation to tumors, may effectively control and treat head and neck cancers when combined with the chemotherapy Cetuximab, according to researchers from UPCI.
Last week one of the world's top cancer scientists, Dr Ronald Herberman, of the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, warned his staff: "I am convinced there is sufficient data to warrant issuing an advisory to share precautionary advice on cellphone use.
Dr Herberman, from the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, added: "We should err on the side of being safe rather than sorry later.