As someone who works in the for-profit higher education sector, I really appreciated Katherine Mangu-Ward's thorough examination of the University of Phoenix model ("Education for Profit," July).
What does UPX stand for?
UPX stands for University of Phoenix (est. 1976)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UPX
- Unified Planning Work Program
- Upper Peninsula Writing Project (Michigan)
- University of Pennsylvania Working Papers in Linguistics
- User Project/Work Request (USAF)
- Ulu Pandan Water Reclamation Plant (Singapore)
- Uttar Pradesh Water Sector Restructuring (Utter Pradesh, India; World Bank)
- Ultra Pure Water Technologies Inc (stock symbol)
- Unitary Plan Wind Tunnel (US NASA; Mountain View, CA)
- ULead Photo Express (software)
- Ultimate Packer for Executables
- Union Pacific Yard (railroading)
- Union Progressive Youth (Egypt)
- University Preparatory Year (National University of Samoa)
- University of Plymouth Yacht Club (UK)
- University Place Youth Council (Washington)
- Unión Progreso y Democracia
- Union of People You Oughtta Respect, Son (wrestling)
- Universal Product Yellow Pages
- Udruzenje Poslovnih Zena (Serbian: Business Women Association)
- Union of Progressive Zionists
Samples in periodicals archive:
With 40,000 students, the University of Phoenix has grown, in short order, into the largest private university in the nation, galloping ahead of such powerhouses as New York University and the University of Southern California.