It's unbelievable," said Mingyao Li, a geneticist at the University of Pennsylvania Medical School in Philadelphia who presented the finding November 3.
What does UPMS stand for?
UPMS stands for University of Pennsylvania Medical School
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UPMS
We have 12 other meanings of UPMS in our Acronym Attic
- University Physics with Modern Physics
- Urban Parks Management Plan (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada)
- Urban Planning and Management Programme (Kosovo)
- Unit Personnel Management Roster
- United Precious Metal Refining, Inc. (Alden, NY)
- Utah Petroleum Marketers and Retailers Association (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Union of Palestinian Medical Relief Committees
- Ultimate Pandora Memory Stick (hardware)
- Union Park Middle School (Orlando, FL)
- Universal Package Management System (software)
- University of Plymouth Marketing Society (UK)
- Upper Perkiomen Middle School (Greenville, PA)
- Utah Precision Marksmanship Society
- University of the Philippines Marine Science Institute
- University Putra Malaysia Terengganu (Malaysian research university; Terengganu, Malaysia)
- USC Program Management Team (NASA)
- Unit Pengelola Matakuliah Umum (Indonesian: General Course Management Unit)
- Unit Pengurusan Masjid UNIMAS (University Malaysia Sarawak)
- University of Pennsylvania Model United Nations Conference
- Umgekehrte Polnische Notation (German: Reversed Polish Notation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sehgal, Howard Hughes Medical Institute investigator at the University of Pennsylvania Medical School, explained that in fruit flies, Drosophila melanogaster, neurons and fat body tissue exert opposing effects on the storage of nutrient reserves, and thereby on food consumption and the response to starvation.
A study at the University of Pennsylvania Medical School recently reported that the Atkins plan "may be safe," at least in the short term (no sizable long-term studies have yet been conducted on a low-carb lifestyle).
from University of Pennsylvania Medical School, $15.
After holding faculty positions at the University of Pennsylvania Medical School and Harvard Medical School, interspersed with another 2 years of naval service in the Korean War, he arrived in 1955 at The Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital, a teaching hospital in Cooperstown, NY, where he has remained ever since.
Luke's-Roosevelt Hosptial, Thomas Wadden of the University of Pennsylvania Medical School, Walter Willett of the Harvard School of Public Health, and (researcher and diet-book author) Dean Ornish of the University of California.