Land was one of the biggest issues during the violence and at the time an economics professor at the University of Nairobi, who asked for anonymity, told IPS that the state had "showed a blatant bias in favour of one tribe at the expense of the rest at the time of independence when the land left behind by the British was to be distributed among the local people.
What does UON stand for?
UON stands for University of Nairobi
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UON
We have 15 other meanings of UON in our Acronym Attic
- Unstructured Operation Markup Language
- Ultimate Ornaments Mega Pack (graphics)
- Unofficial Official Mods Patch (online gaming)
- Ural Optical Mechanical Plant (Russia)
- Ultima Online Manila Shard (gaming website)
- University of Oregon Medical School (Portland, OR)
- Used Oil Management Standards (US Environmental Protection Agency)
- Utah Office of Museum Services (Salt Lake City, UT)
- University of Ottawa Muslim Students Association
- Universidad Obrera Nacional (Spanish: National Labor College; Argentina)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Other potential investors include Telemax Technology Corporation from Taiwan, Wananchi Group, Research in Motion, Multimedia University, University of Nairobi, Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology, Toyota, Nairobi Hospital and Shapoorji Pallonji Group from India.
But scientists from Wageningen University in the Netherlands, the University of Nairobi in Kenya and the Kenya-based International Centre for Insect Physiology and Ecology (ICIPE) wanted to see if they could produce a cheaper, household version.
Biological changes that occur during pregnancy may make women more infectious than they would be otherwise, explains Nelly Mugo, of the University of Nairobi and Kenyatta National Hospital in Nairobi and the University of Washington in Seattle.
McAslan is currently designing the Wangari Maathai Institute for Peace and Environmental Studies at the University of Nairobi, which aims to consolidate scientific research and development in an African context.