A study at the University of Kuopio in Finland has found that the long-term effects of stress may be the biggest cause of the disease.
What does UKU stand for?
UKU stands for University of Kuopio (Finland)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UKU
We have 4 other meanings of UKU in our Acronym Attic
- United Kingdom Thalassaemia Society
- United Kingdom Theatre School
- United Kingdom Tourism Survey
- United Kingdom Transplant Support Service Authority
- United Kingdom Trust Territory
- United Kindom Television (TV channel)
- Udvalg for Kliniske Undersogelser (Danish: Committee for Clinical Researches)
- Ukrainian Kennel Union
- United Kingdom Ultimate (Association)
- United Kingdom Unionist
- United Kingdom Ultimate Association
- United Kingdom United Front (gaming)
- United Kingdom Unionist Party
- United Kingdom Usability Professionals Association
- United Kingdom-United States of America
- United Kingdom Unix User Group
- Ultra Kratki Valovi (Slovenian: Ultra Short Waves; radio)
- Union Krankenversicherung AG (Germany)
- United Korean Voice (University of California, Los Angeles)
- Urinary Potassium Excretion
Samples in periodicals archive:
Solomon, of the University of Kuopio, Finland, and her colleagues examined this question using data from the national FINRISK study, a large, population-based survey of cardiovascular risk factors in Finnish citizens.
Solomon, of the University of Kuopio, Finland, not all studies have concluded that statins confer a protective effect against dementia onset.
AUTHORS BIOGRAPHY Antti HUUSKONEN Employment Institute of Biomedicine, Physiology, University of Kuopio, Finland Degree BM Research interests Exercise physiology, genetics.
Erikkson is affiliated with the University of Kuopio.
Middle-aged people who drank between three and five cups of coffee a day lowered their risk of developing dementia and Alzheimer's disease by between 60 and 65 percent later in life," said lead researcher on the project, Miia Kivipelto, a professor at the University of Kuopio in Finland and at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm.
He was awarded Dr hc by the University of Kuopio (Finland) in 1991 and Dr Med Sc hc by the University of Uppsala (Sweden) in 1996.