This type of activism remains limited in its scope in Jordan, though the country has recently witnessed similar trends of nonviolent protest with students at the University of Jordan and Tafileh University staging sit-ins or protests to demand better quality of life.
What does UoJ stand for?
UoJ stands for University of Jordan (Amman, Jordan)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UoJ
- Union des Organisations Islamiques de France (Union of Islamic Organizations in France)
- User Operations Interface Function
- University of Oregon Investment Group (Eugene, OR)
- University of Internet Marketing (JB Virtual Enterprises Inc.)
- University Office of International Programs
- University Outreach and International Programs (Davis, CA)
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology (Canada)
- Universal Objective Justification (theology)
- University of Jaffna (Sri Lanka)
- University Of Jena (Germany)
- University of Judaism (Bel Air, California)
- unorthodox Jew (blog)
- Ultima Online Japan Chat
- Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations of America
- Unique Output Key
- University of Karachi (Pakistan)
- University of Kelaniya (Sri Lanka)
- University of Kentucky (Lexington, KY)
- University of Kota (India)
- Upplysning om Kommunismen (Swedish: Information on Communism; Sweden)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Amman, April 17 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II on Wednesday donated JD500,000 (about $706,000) towards the construction of a new building for the Sharia faculty at the University of Jordan (UJ).
5 km long section opposite the University of Jordan in addition to constructing a lower section on Queen Rania Street, accommodating three lanes for BRT and three main stations servicing the University of Jordan main gate, Agriculture Faculty entrance and the University Hospital.
The Municipality carries on works within the first phase of the project include 2200 m long in two sections in Queen Rania street; the first from nearby Sweileh to the University of Jordan Mosque, and the second in the area between Al-Arina Hotel and the Sahafa Tunnel.
Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research Saleh Ba-Sura held Saturday talks with Islamic Sciences University of Jordan on aspects of cooperation between the two universities of both countries.