The scientists, working at the International Pacific Research Center, University of Hawaii at Manoa, have shown that both the East Asian summer monsoon and the storm activity in the western North Pacific are controlled by fluctuations in the western Pacific Subtropical High (WPSH), a major atmospheric circulation system in the global subtropics centered over the Philippine Sea.
What does UHM stand for?
UHM stands for University of Hawaii at Manoa (Honolulu, HI)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UHM
We have 18 other meanings of UHM in our Acronym Attic
- Ultra-High Level Container Airdrop System
- University of Helsinki Language Corpus Server
- University of Hull Logistics Institute (UK)
- Unified Home Lending Program (Philippines)
- Urban Heaths Life Project (est. 2001; UK)
- Upper Hudson Library System (Albany, NY)
- Union Haddiema Maghqudin (Malta Workers' Union)
- Unit Health Monitor (US Air Force)
- United Heavy Machinery (Russian heavy engineering corporation)
- United Home Mortgage (various organizations)
- University of Hawaii, Manoa
- Upcoming Horror Movies (website)
- Urban Housing Management (Institute for Housing and Urban Development Studies; Netherlands)
- Underfloor Heating Manufacturers Association (UK)
- University of Helsinki Multicomponent Aerosol (aerosol dynamics model; Finland)
- Unsung Hero Music Archive
- University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay (UK National Health Service)
- UMIST (University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology) Hiking and Mountaineering Club (UK)
- United Hospital Medical Center (Port Chester, NY)
- Upper Hill Medical Centre (Kenya)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Yong Li, Department of Human Nutrition, Food and Animal Sciences, University of Hawaii at Manoa, 1955 East West Rd.
As her husband was stationed in various places around the country, she began her studies at the University of Oklahoma, followed by San Diego State University, before graduating from the University of Hawaii at Manoa, in 1974 with a bachelor's degree in education.
The debris will hit the Hawaiian islands in about a year's time, researchers at the International Pacific Research Center of the University of Hawaii at Manoa said, showing computer simulations.
technology organizations, including Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Sandia National Laboratory, Georgia Institute of Technology, Michigan Technical University, University of Hawaii at Manoa and University of New Mexico.