The first medical school established in sub-Saharan Africa was at the University of Cape Town (UCT).
What does UCT stand for?
UCT stands for University of Cape Town
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UCT
We have 48 other meanings of UCT in our Acronym Attic
- Unemployment Compensation Tax (Florida)
- Unified Command Team
- Uniform Convergence Theorem
- Union City Transit Division (California)
- Union County Tourism (Oregon)
- United Kingdom to New York (routing designation; US Navy)
- Universal Coefficient Theorem (mathematics)
- Universal Conversion Technologies (Addison, TX)
- Universal Coordinate Time (GMT)
- University Center Tower (University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston )
- University of Central Texas (Killeen, TX)
- Upper Critical Temperature
- Usage and Conversation Time (Bellcore)
- User Check Test
- Unofficial Chrono Trigger 2 project
- Unfair Contract Terms Act (UK)
- Union Classroom Teachers Association (Oklahoma)
- Urine Collection Transfer Assembly (US NASA)
- Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic
- Uncreped Through-Air Dried Technology (proprietary process, Kimberly-Clark Corporation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
My ambition is to one day focus on writing fulltime and hopefully this is a step in that direction," Watson lectures in film studies at the University of Cape Town and is collaborating with other South African writers on a novel.
de Gruchy (Professor Emeritus of Christian Studies at the University of Cape Town, South Africa) focuses upon the perspective, ideas and ideals of what has been termed "Christian humanism".
Archaeologist Andrew Sillen of the University of Cape Town in South Africa comments that the site's inhabitants may have used the remnants of wildfires rather than built their own fires.
But HIV/AIDS researcher Rob Dorrington, director of the Center for Actuarial Research at the University of Cape Town, was skeptical about the findings since earlier studies of the epidemic had projected much higher HIV/AIDS prevalence and mortality rates.