These findings suggest that omega-3 fatty acids inhibit the detrimental effects of smoking on arterial function, which is an independent prognostic marker of cardiovascular risk," Gerasimos Siasos from the University of Athens Medical School, said.
What does UAMS stand for?
UAMS stands for University of Athens Medical School (Athens, Greece)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UAMS
We have 4 other meanings of UAMS in our Acronym Attic
- Urban Art & Media Organization
- Universidad Autónoma de Madrid-Psicología
- Urban Animal Management Plan (Australia)
- USIGS Architecture Management Plan
- Utah Associated Municipal Power Systems (Salt Lake City, UT)
- United Association Manufacturers' Representatives
- US Army Medical Research
- Utah Abandoned Mine Reclamation Program
- University of Antwerp Management School (Antwerp, Belgium)
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Upper Albany Main Street (community revitalization organization; Hartford, CT)
- User Account Management System (system administration)
- User Administration Management Tool
- University of Arkansas Macintosh User Group
- University of Alberta Museum of Zoology (Canada)
- Ujian Akhir Nasional (Indonesian: National Final Examination)
- Underwater Acoustic Network (EU)
- Unione Accademica Nazionale (Italy; National Academic Union)
- United American Nurses
- United Animal Nations
Samples in periodicals archive:
Author affiliations: University of Athens Medical School, Athens, Greece (A.
The research team was led by Dr Androniki Naska, from the University of Athens Medical School in Greece.
Researchers at the Harvard School of Public Health and the University of Athens Medical School in Greece have found that Greek workers who took regular siestas had 37 pc lower mortality rates from coronary illnesses than their napless counterparts.
These findings held true for both lean and obese women with PCOS, said Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis, study co-author and professor at the University of Athens Medical School in Greece.