Another big problem for urban areas is the flash flooding that can occur when heavy rains fall over a city; according to hydrometeorologist Matt Kelsch, an authority on urban flash flooding with The University Corporation for Atmospheric Research in Boulder.
What does UCAR stand for?
UCAR stands for University Corporation for Atmospheric Research
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of UCAR
We have 7 other meanings of UCAR in our Acronym Attic
- University Certificate in Advanced Professional Development (higher education accreditation; UK)
- User-Centered Agile Product Development (software)
- Uniform Charts of Accounts Personnel System
- Unified Capabilities Approved Products List (US Department of Defense)
- Ubiquitously Connected and Pervasively Proximate
- University Committee on Academic Planning and Priorities (University of Kentucky; Lexington, KY)
- University of Connecticut Administrator Preparation Program (leadership program)
- United Campaign Against Police Violence (UK)
- University Committee on Academic Review
- University Committee on Animal Resources (University of Rochester; New York)
- Unmanned Combat Armed Rotorcraft
- Utah County Association of Realtors (est. 1912)
- Utility Cost Analysis Report
- Undergraduate Creative Activity and Research Experience (Nebraska)
- Unexplained Cardiac Arrest Registry of Europe (research database)
- University Citizens Against a Radioactive Environment
- University Corporation for Atmospheric Research Foundation (Boulder, CO; est. 1986)
- Un-Controlled Accidental Release of Agent Into the Atmosphere
- UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) Common Automatic Recovery System (US DoD)
- Uniform Cost Accounting and Reporting System
Samples in periodicals archive:
SGI technology also powers one of the fastest platforms for the WRF (Weather Research and Forecast) Modeling System, a numerical forecast system being developed and managed by the Department of Commerce (NOAA), the Department of Defense (Air Force and Navy), the Department of Transportation (FAA), and the University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR/NCAR).
White, a principal of the Washington Advisory Group, is president emeritus of the National Academy of Engineering and senior fellow of the University Corporation for Atmospheric Research.