Martin Innes, director of the Universities Police Science Institute (UPSI) at Cardiff University, said: "I always use this metaphor - it's like when you go to the doctor and tell him the symptoms and they unpick and diagnose what the causes of those symptoms are.
What does UPSI stand for?
UPSI stands for Universities Police Science Institute (Wales)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UPSI
We have 4 other meanings of UPSI in our Acronym Attic
- United Planets Space Force
- University Program and Services Fee (Tennessee)
- User Profile Server Function
- Ultimate Power Sales Inc.
- Un-Interruptible Power System Interface
- Unique Power Systems, Inc. (Tacoma, WA)
- United Property Services, Inc. (Exton, Pennsylvania)
- Universal Power Systems Inc
- Universal Power Systems, Incorporated
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris
- Unprotected Sexual Intercourse
- Unpublished Price Sensitive Information (India)
- User Program Status Indicator
- UCLA Phonological Segment Inventory Database
- Uttar Pradesh State Industrial Development Corporation (India)
- University of Pennsylvania Smell Identification Test
- Undergraduate Physical Sciences Library (Australia)
- Unisys Payment Services Limited
- Universal Print Systems Limited (India)
- University of the Philippines Solar Laboratory (Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The report by Cardiff's Universities Police Science Institute states the government grant for local policing will fall by pounds 1.
The former chief constable of Gloucestershire Police, now an honorary fellow at Cardiff's Universities Police Science Institute, urges the Government to reconsider the cuts.
In June, Prince Charles came to Glamorgan to formally open the Universities Police Science Institute.
The Universities Police Science Institute at the University of Glamorgan was officially opened by Charles earlier in the day.
The centre for police studies at Glamorgan is the base for the initial training of probationer officers under the auspices of the Universities police science institute.
Later in the year, a Universities Police Science Institute will encompass training from police probationer through to the existing BSc in Police Sciences at the University of Glamorgan.