There is a resurgence in national pride, which, coupled with the sustained economic growth the country is experiencing, is helping to integrate the country," noted Daniel Cordova, dean of the graduate school at Peru's Universidad del Pacifico and president of Instituto Invertir, a local think tank that works to promote entrepreneurial activity.
What does UP stand for?
UP stands for Universidad del Pacifico (Spanish: University of the Pacific, Peru)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UP
We have 17 other meanings of UP in our Acronym Attic
- Unit Police (military)
- Unit Price
- United Party (Papua New Guinea)
- United Personnel
- United Planet
- United Press
- United Provinces (India)
- Unity Party
- Universal Precautions (Centers for Disease Control)
- Universidad de Palermo (Spanish)
- Universidad Panamericana (Guadalajara, Mexico)
- Universidade do Porto (University of Oporto, Portugal)
- Universität Passau (Germany)
- Université de Perpignan
- Université de Poitiers (French: University of Poitiers; France)
- Universiteit Van Pretoria (South Africa)
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Phoenix
- University of Pittsburgh
- University of Portland
Samples in periodicals archive:
Eduardo Moron of the economics department at the Universidad del Pacifico in Lima, who coordinated the survey in Peru, said the caretaker government of President Valentin Paniagua (2000-2001) put new transparency mechanisms, such as Web sites, in place, but the administration of President Alejandro Toledo, who took office last July, has not made them a priority.
Juan Alberto Forsyth, a professor of finance at Peru's Universidad del Pacifico, says that there are now four or five reputable graduate programs to chose from in Peru alone.