Furthermore, the lack of a single conduit for information for international and industry customers requires a user to maintain an extensive list of frequently changing universal resource locators (URLs), numerous accounts and passwords.
What does URL stand for?
URL stands for Universal Resource Locator (aka Uniform Resource Locator)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of URL
We have 105 other meanings of URL in our Acronym Attic
- Uraj (Russia)
- Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (Spanish, Madrid)
- Internet Shortcut (file name extension)
- Ubiquity Now, Revenues Later
- Underground Race League (video game)
- Unfinanced Requirements List
- Uniform Resource Locator (aka Universal Resource Locator)
- Unità di Ricerca Locali (Italian)
- Universal Republic of Love
- Universal Ride Layout
- Universidad Rafael Landivar (Rafael Landivar University, Guatemala)
- Universitat Ramon Llull (Ramon Llull University, Spain)
- Unreal Life
- Unrestricted Line (US Navy officer designation)
- Upper Range Limit
- Upper Reference Limit
- USAMMA's (United States Army Medical Materiel Agency's) Revolution in Logistics
- User Requirements Language
- User Resource Link
Samples in periodicals archive:
You may need a new domain name and universal resource locator that more accurately reflect the new name.
Domain names are the shortcuts used instead of the URL - the Universal Resource Locator - which is a complex series of letters and numbers identifying a website's place on the Internet.