Yousef Abdulkarim Bucheeri welcomed the establishment of the mechanism of the Universal Periodic Review for Human Rights that is based on the United Nations Charter, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and all international conventions on human rights.
What does UPR stand for?
UPR stands for Universal Periodic Review (UN Human Rights Council)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UPR
We have 59 other meanings of UPR in our Acronym Attic
- Unia Polityki Realnej (Polish political party)
- Uniform Progress Report (US government)
- Union for Progress and Renewal (Guinea)
- Union Pacific Railroad
- Union Patronale Régionale (French: Regional Employers' Union; France)
- Union Populaire pour la République (French: People's Union for the Republic, Central African Republic)
- Union Populaire Républicaine (French political party)
- Unit Performance Record
- Unité Pédagogique Régionale (French: Regional Educational Unit)
- United Piston Ring (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
They also discussed co-operation on security and counter-terrorism efforts, besides Bahrain's progress with reforms - including UK's support for implementation of recommendations of the Bahrain Independent Commission of Inquiry report and UN Human Rights Council Universal Periodic Review.
The statements came during the OHCHR's review of Botswana's human rights records as a part of the Human Rights Council Universal Periodic Review.
Japan was one of the states under scrutiny in the latest round of the so-called Universal Periodic Review of the Human Rights Council, a United Nations body, held for roughly two weeks from Oct.
She was addressing a session of the Universal Periodic Review of Pakistan at the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva on Tuesday.
ISLAMABAD -- The Foreign Minister, Hina Rabbani Khar will lead the Pakistan delegation to the 14th Session of the Universal Periodic Review (UPR) at the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva next week on October 30.