Universal PCR primer pair GAF (F): 5'-GAG GAA GTA AAA GTC GTT AAC AAG GTT TG-3' and GAF (R): 5'-GAA ATT CAC AAA GGG TAG GAT GAT TT-3' was used to amplify a specific region of 18S rDNA from rumen anaerobic fungi.
What does UPMM stand for?
UPMM stands for Universal PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) Master Mix (genetic analysis tool; TaqMan)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of UPMM
We have 2 other meanings of UPMM in our Acronym Attic
- Uniform Prudent Management of Institutional Funds Act
- University of the Philippines in Mindanao
- Uniaxial Perfectly Matched Layer
- Unified Problem-solving Method description Language
- Unions Professionnelles des Médecins Libéraux
- Urban Property Management Limited (Hong Kong)
- Urban Property Management Ltd. (Hong Kong)
- User Performance Monitor Local Control
- Union Professionnelle des Médecins exerçant à titre Libéral de la région Rhône-Alpes
- Unified Project Management Methodology (International Institute for Learning, Inc.; New York, NY)
- Unit Pengurusan Maklumat Negeri (Malay: Information Management Unit)
- Uganda Private Midwives Organisation (formerly Uganda Private Midwives Association)
- Unified Project Management Office (Philippines)
- Uniform Program Management Office (US Navy)
- Uji Penilaian Mutu Pendidikan (Indonesian: Test of Educational Quality Assessment)
- University Physics with Modern Physics
- Urban Parks Management Plan (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada)
- Urban Planning and Management Programme (Kosovo)
- Unit Personnel Management Roster
- United Precious Metal Refining, Inc. (Alden, NY)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Reactions were performed in 20 [micro]L of 1xTaqMan Universal PCR Master Mix (Applied Biosystems, Foster City, CA, USA), 900 nmol/L of LT.
However, the relative risk of contamination remains the major problem of using universal PCR alone as a specific test to confirm a diagnosis (9).
The TaqMan[R] Universal PCR MasterMix (ABI 4324018) containing AmpliTaq Gold DNA Polymerase, AmpErase without UNG, dNTPs with dUTP, and buffer components optimized as a 2x solution.
Discussion Due to the problems associated with the development of a sensitive and specific universal PCR assay (10), a single-tube multiplex PCR was developed based on N.
Amplification reactions were performed by using 5 [micro]L of extracted nucleic acids with the TaqMan Fast Universal PCR kit (Applied Biosystems) in a final volume of 20 [micro]L.
To further improve the reproducibility of PCR, manufacturers have introduced universal PCR master mixes containing all reagents at predetermined concentrations.