Rotzer also said that Swisscom had wanted to use debitel to acquire a 3G cellular telephone licence in Germany, the so-called UMTS or Universal Mobile Telephone Service, and access the German market.
What does UMTS stand for?
UMTS stands for Universal Mobile Telephone Service
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of UMTS
We have 29 other meanings of UMTS in our Acronym Attic
- Uranium Mill Tailings Remedial Action Program
- Uranium Mill Tailings Radiation Control Act
- University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute
- Urban Mass Transportation Research Information Service
- University of Michigan Tobacco Research Network
- Unofficial Micro-Trains Release Report
- Universal Maintenance Training System
- Universal Military Training & Service
- Universal Mobile Telecommunications Service
- Universal Mobile Telecommunications System
- Universal Mobile Telephony System
- University of Michigan Parking and Transportation Services
- Universal Mobile Telecommunications System - Frequency Division Duplex
- Universal Mobile Telecommunications System - Time-Division-Duplexing
- Uncorrected Mean Transit Time
- Unique Modulated Television
- University of Maryland Television (College Park, MD)
- University of Michigan Television (Ann Arbor, MI)
- Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday (days of week)
- University of Minnesota Talented Youth Math Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
Glossary of Terms: GPRS -- General Packet Radio Service EDGE -- Enhanced Data Rates for GSM Evolution UMTS -- Universal Mobile Telephone Service HSDPA -- High Speed Downlink Packet Access HSUPA -- High Speed Uplink Packet Access MIMO -- Multiple Input Multiple Output 3GPP -- Third Generation Partnership Project OFDM -- Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing Contact: Vicki Livingston +1-262-242-3458 vicki.
GPRS is an evolutionary step toward Enhanced Data GSM Environment (EDGE) and Universal Mobile Telephone Service (UMTS).
Additional deployment may be possible in early 2002, if the incumbents are allowed to add Universal Mobile Telephone Service (UMTS) coverage.