The Oxford Universal English Dictionary defines "play" as something done to amuse oneself, exercise, sport or recreation.
What does UE stand for?
UE stands for Universal English (Adobe)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of UE
We have 19 other meanings of UE in our Acronym Attic
- Unit of Employment (US Army)
- Unité d'Endotoxine (French: Endotoxin Unit)
- Unité d'Enseignement (French: academic subjects)
- United Earth (Star Trek government)
- United Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers of America
- United Empire (Loyalist - American Revolution)
- United Endeavor
- United Express (airline)
- Unity of the Empire (descendant of a qualified United Empire Loyalists)
- Uniunea Europeana (Romanian: European Union)
Samples in periodicals archive:
We recently saw Thierry Henry translating a question from a French journalist into English before Barcelona played Hearts at Murrayfield, so there was al ways the chance Edinburgh-born Gordon Strachan could have been railroaded into converting Broonie's words into a more universal English, allowing the official translator to finish the job.
Though intended especially for Jewish children, most of the phrases are universal English terms of politeness.