At unity power factor, the kVA = kW, therefore the utility company does not supply any reactive power.
What does UPF stand for?
UPF stands for Unity Power Factor (electrical engineering)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UPF
We have 54 other meanings of UPF in our Acronym Attic
- Ultraviolet Protection Factor
- Un-Plug Fest (Bluetooth)
- Uncharacterized Protein Family
- Underperform (finance)
- Unidade de Protecção da Força (Portuguese: Force Protection Unit)
- Unified Power Format (IEEE standard)
- Union Internationale de la Presse Francophone (French: International Francophone Press Union; France; est. 1950)
- United Peace Federation
- United People's Front (Nepal)
- United Plastic Fabricating, Inc. (North Andover, MA)
- Unity Productions Foundation
- Universal Peace Federation (formerly Interreligious and International Federation for World Peace)
- Universal Preservation Format
- Universidade de Passo Fundo (Portuguese: University of Passo Fundo; Brazil)
- Universitat Pompeu Fabra (Barcelona, Spain)
- University Police Force (University of the Philippines)
- University Press of Florida
- Upcountry People's Front (Sri Lanka)
- Urban Parks Forum (est. 1999)
- United Peoples Freedom Alliance (political party; Sri Lanka)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Micro 200 Constant Current Regulator The Micro 200 CCR is the latest CCR development from atg airports, providing a sinusoidal output at near unity power factor.