Students had barely returned to school this fall when more than forty campuses--including Duke, Kansas State, Brown, Loyola, MIT, Macalester, Berkeley and the universities of Indiana, Southern Mississippi and Connecticut--were hit by demonstrations organized by United Students Against Sweatshops (USAS).
What does USAS stand for?
USAS stands for United Students Against Sweatshops
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of USAS
We have 16 other meanings of USAS in our Acronym Attic
- Universal Synchronous/Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter
- Urban Search and Rescue Team
- US Army, Vietnam
- United States Army Ryukyu Islands
- Ucak Servisi Anonim Sirketi
- UCREL Automated Semantic Analysis System
- Undergraduate Student Academic Services (Ohio State University)
- Uniform School Accounting System
- Uniform Statewide Accounting System
- United States Air Service
- UNIVAC Standard Airline System
- USA Shooting
- Utah Statewide Archaeological Society
- United States Adult Soccer Association (Lawrence, IN)
- United States Amateur Soccer Association
- United States Aquaculture Suppliers Association
- United States Army Security Agency
- United States Australian Shepherd Association (American Kennel Club member)
- United States of America Snowboard Association
- University of South Australia Student Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
00) by Liza Featherstone and United Students Against Sweatshops Verso, 2002 Ever wonder where your NYU t-shirt was made?
Other groups, like the National Labor Committee and United Students Against Sweatshops have targeted apparel and footwear companies for the abusive conditions in off-shore factories where their products are made.
Taking it off-campus That has been a logical progression at many campuses, says Carrie Brink, national coordinator of United Students Against Sweatshops (www.
The code is advocated by United Students Against Sweatshops (USAS), a network of activists on dozens of campuses nationwide.