The congregation at the United Reformed Church at Grand Avenue can no longer afford to keep their building open after dwindling down to just 14 over the past few years.
What does URC stand for?
URC stands for United Reformed Church (merging of Congregational and Presbyterian churchs in 1970s in the UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of URC
We have 121 other meanings of URC in our Acronym Attic
- Uganda Red Cross
- Ultrasonic Resin Cleaner
- Un-Repeatered Cable
- Undergraduate Research Committee (various universities)
- Underway Replenishment Coordinator (US Navy)
- Uniform Resource Citation
- Uniformed Readiness Coordinator (US Marines)
- Unique Random Content (blog)
- Unit Repair Cost
- Unit Reserve Coordinator
- Units of Red Cells
- Universal Records Catalog
- Universal Remote Control
- Universal Robina Corporation (food company; Philippines)
- Universal Rotation Curve (astrophysics)
- University Research Co., LLC (Bethesda, MD; professional services company)
- University Research Council
- University Rover Challenge (Mars Society)
- Unpostable Resolution Code
- Unsolicited Result Code (Telecommunication AT commands)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The United Reformed Church in Moldgreen hosted Huddersfield Down Syndrome Support Group's coffee morning and bake sale, which raised PS75.
Located in the centre of Thropton village, west of Rothbury, in Northumberland, Thropton United Reformed Church was built in 1863 and includes some wonderful features including lancet-style stained-glass windows.
THE Westminster United Reformed Church, in north Liverpool, will go under the hammer at auction on Thursday.
Ponteland Local History Society, in association with the Darras Hall Estate Committee and Ponteland United Reformed Church, have put together the event to mark the centenary of the estate.
The Diocese of Liverpool has joined with the Salvation Army, the United Reformed Church, the Methodist church, Together for the Harvest and the Free Church Council, representing Baptists, United Reform Church, Independent Methodists, the Salvation Army and Methodists.
Reverend David Fox, a minister with the United Reformed Church in the Vale of Glamorgan, was reported missing from his hotel on June 23 after going walking on his own.
The four churches participating are the Church of Scotland (Presbyterian), the Scottish Episcopal (Anglican) Church, the Methodist Church and the United Reformed Church.