Gandhi, who is the chairperson of the United Progressive Alliance (UPA), also inaugurated a post office at Malik Mau Motor Chowk.
What does UPA stand for?
UPA stands for United Progressive Alliance (Indian political group)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UPA
We have 140 other meanings of UPA in our Acronym Attic
- Union Professionnelle Artisanale (French: Professional Artisan Union)
- Unique Particle Attribution
- Unit Pay Administrator
- Unit Pentadbiran Am (Malaysian government agency)
- United Palestinian Appeal (Washington, DC)
- United Pilots' Alliance (gaming)
- United Powerlifting Association (est. 2007; Ohio)
- United Press Association
- United Productions of America
- United Professionals' Association
- United Protestant Association
- United States Professional Poolplayers Association
- Units Per Application (US Navy supply)
- Units Per Assembly
- Universal Port Aventura (Spanish Universal theme park)
- Universal Powerline Association
- University of Pennsylvania
- University Preparatory Academy (San Jose, CA)
- University Press of America (Rowman & Littlefield)
- University Publications of America
Samples in periodicals archive:
The decision, however, received flak from political circles, including some of the key alliance partners of the ruling Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) Government.
A senior source in the Committee confirmed to M AIL T ODAY that opposition members have demanded that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and ministers of the United Progressive Alliance government must depose before the panel.
ISLAMABAD, 22 May, 2009 (Balochistan Times) -- President Asif Ali Zardari has congratulations Chairperson, United Progressive Alliance and President, All India Congress Party Mrs.
By ISLAMABAD, 22 May, 2009 (Frontier Star) -- President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani congratulating the Chairperson, United Progressive Alliance and President, All India Congress Party Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on their election victory have said that Pakistan will continue to work with India for settlement of all outstanding issues.
In the previous United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government, Pawar had played a crucial role.