A United Press spokesman said: "The competition is designed to encourage more people to get involved in writing poetry.
What does UP stand for?
UP stands for United Press
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of UP
We have 17 other meanings of UP in our Acronym Attic
- Union Pétrolière
- Unión Popular (Spanish: Popular Union)
- UniquePhones (website)
- Unit Personnel
- Unit Police (military)
- Unit Price
- United Party (Papua New Guinea)
- United Personnel
- United Planet
- United Provinces (India)
- Unity Party
- Universal Precautions (Centers for Disease Control)
- Universidad de Palermo (Spanish)
- Universidad del Pacifico (Spanish: University of the Pacific, Peru)
- Universidad Panamericana (Guadalajara, Mexico)
- Universidade do Porto (University of Oporto, Portugal)
- Universität Passau (Germany)
- Université de Perpignan
- Université de Poitiers (French: University of Poitiers; France)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Writers can submit up to three entries in the contest - being run by United Press Ltd.
United Press has launched a national poetry competition and is calling on writers across the country to serenade their own town.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Tom Toles * The Washington Post * United Press Syndicate I MAY HAVE TAKEN STEROIDS, BUT IF I DID IT WAS TOTALLY UNKNOWINGLY
That paper used the wire services of United Press International, at that time a very viable alternative to the Associated Press.
Copy Editor editor-publisher Mary Beth Protomastro reports that since 1976 Webster's New World College Dictionary has been "the primary dictionary" for The New York Times, the Associated Press and United Press International.