ISLAMABAD, April 21, 2010 (Balochistan Times): President Asif Ali Zardari Wednesday felicitated President of Sri Lanka Mahinda Rajapaksa on the resounding victory of the United Peoples Freedom Alliance in the recently held parliamentary elections.
What does UPFA stand for?
UPFA stands for United Peoples Freedom Alliance (political party; Sri Lanka)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 3 other meanings of UPFA in our Acronym Attic
- Unity Power Factor (electrical engineering)
- Unity Productions Foundation
- Universal Peace Federation (formerly Interreligious and International Federation for World Peace)
- Universal Preservation Format
- Universidade de Passo Fundo (Portuguese: University of Passo Fundo; Brazil)
- Universitat Pompeu Fabra (Barcelona, Spain)
- University Police Force (University of the Philippines)
- University Press of Florida
- Upcountry People's Front (Sri Lanka)
- Urban Parks Forum (est. 1999)
- Uganda Parliamentary Forum for Children (lobby group)
- Unified Power Flow Controller
- United PanAm Financial Corporation (Irvine, CA)
- Utero-Placental-Fetal Circulation (pregnancy)
- Uttar Pradesh Financial Corporation (India)
- Universal Pictures Franchise Development
- University Park Fire Department (Dallas, TX)
- USB (Universal Serial Bus) Pocket Flash Drive
- United Products Formulators & Distributors Association
- United Planets Freedom Forces (gaming)
Samples in periodicals archive:
With his victory in one of Asia s longest-running wars not quite a year old, Rajapaksa and his ruling United Peoples Freedom Alliance (UPFA) are expected to win a majority in the polls to elect the 225-member parliament.
It's a close contest between President Kumaratunga's United Peoples Freedom Alliance and Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe's United National Front,'' an Asian diplomat said on condition of anonymity.