labor unions, including the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, United Paperworkers International Union, and the United Mine Workers, share the congressman's views.
What does UPIU stand for?
UPIU stands for United Paperworkers International Union
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of UPIU
We have 1 other meaning of UPIU in our Acronym Attic
- University Park Institutional Review Board (University of Southern California)
- Uttar Pradesh Irrigation Research Institute (India)
- Urban Planning Institute of the Republic of Slovenia (Ljubljana, Slovenia)
- Unanticipated Problems Involving Risks to Subjects or Others (bioethics)
- University of the Philippines Integrated School (Quezon City, Manila, Philippines)
- Utah Paranormal Investigation Society
- University of the Philippines Institute for Small-Scale Industries
- University of Pittsburgh (Pennsylvania)
- Universal Personal Information Technology Access
- UFS (Universal Flash Storage) Protocol Information Unit
- United Press International - University Media Alliance
- Unité Police d'Identification des Victimes de Catastrophes (French: Disaster Victim Identification Police Unit)
- Union des Entreprises pour La Protection des Jardins (French: Union of Companies for the Protection of Gardens; France)
- Union Polynésienne pour La Jeunesse (French: Polynesian Union for Youth; French Polynesia)
- United for Peace and Justice
- Universal Pictures Japan (movie studio)
- University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown (Pennsylvania)
- Unternehmen: Partner der Jugend (Germany)
- Ureteropelvic Junction
- Usaha Pelayanan Jasa Alsintan (Indonesian agricultural business organization)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Staley workers - members of the United Paperworkers International Union (UPIU) - lost a two-year battle with the company, a new labor fight has emerged in Charleston, Illinois.
Members of the United Paperworkers International Union Local 548 at the James River Marathon pulp mill voted overwhelmingly to accept a wage freeze in order to keep the mill operating.
The company said it would be negotiating with Local 696 of the United Paperworkers International Union regarding a severance agreement.
On December 22, 1995, the locked-out Staley workers, members of the Allied Industrial Workers when the lockout began and members of the United Paperworkers International Union (UPIU) after a union merger in 1994, voted 286 to 226 to accept a company contract offer and return to work.