Widyono, a career UN diplomat with a background in economics, was first appointed as a provincial director with the United Nations Transitional Authority in Cambodia (UNTAC) from 1992 to 1993, and, then, from 1994 to 1997, he was the UN Secretary-General's personal envoy to the government of Cambodia.
What does UNTAC stand for?
UNTAC stands for United Nations Transitional Authority in Cambodia
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of UNTAC in our Acronym Attic
- Universités Numériques Thématiques (French: Thematic Digital Universities)
- University of North Texas
- Unix and NT (Gartner Group Market Definition)
- Unst Shetland Islands, Scotland, United Kingdom (Airport Code)
- Until Next Time
- Upsala Nya Tidning (Swedish newspaper)
- Usinage et Nouvelles Technologies (Morbier, France)
- United Nations Transitional Authority
- University of North Texas Archives (University of North Texas; Denton, TX)
- United Nations Technical Assistance Board
- United Nations Transport and Communications Decade in Africa
- United Nations Transitional Administration for Eastern Slavonia, Baranja and Western Sirmium
- United Nations Transitory Authority in East Slavonia-Civilian Police
- United Nations Transitional Administration in East Timor
- United Nations Transition Assistance Group
- Uniting Neighborhoods to Abolish Graffiti (Los Angeles, CA)
- United Nations Technical Assistance Programme
- United Nations Training Assistance Teams (peace-keeping training)
- Unified Neutral Theory of Biodiversity and Biogeography
- United Nations Travel Ban
Samples in periodicals archive:
s Cambodia office was opened in 1993 after the mandate of the United Nations Transitional Authority in Cambodia expired, to monitor security and human rights and handle relations between the new Cambodian administration and the U.