4 (2001); Paulo Gorjao, "The Legacy and Lessons of the United Nations Transitional Administration in East Timor," Contemporary Southeast Asia 24, no.
What does UNTAET stand for?
UNTAET stands for United Nations Transitional Administration in East Timor
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 3 other meanings of UNTAET in our Acronym Attic
- Until Next Time
- Upsala Nya Tidning (Swedish newspaper)
- Usinage et Nouvelles Technologies (Morbier, France)
- United Nations Transitional Authority
- University of North Texas Archives (University of North Texas; Denton, TX)
- United Nations Technical Assistance Board
- United Nations Transitional Authority in Cambodia
- United Nations Transport and Communications Decade in Africa
- United Nations Transitional Administration for Eastern Slavonia, Baranja and Western Sirmium
- United Nations Transitory Authority in East Slavonia-Civilian Police
- United Nations Transition Assistance Group
- Uniting Neighborhoods to Abolish Graffiti (Los Angeles, CA)
- United Nations Technical Assistance Programme
- United Nations Training Assistance Teams (peace-keeping training)
- Unified Neutral Theory of Biodiversity and Biogeography
- United Nations Travel Ban
- Unterbrechung (German keyboards = Break)
- Umhlanga New Town Centre (mall; South Africa)
- Unable to Establish Contact
- United Nations Temporary Commission
Samples in periodicals archive:
DILI, East Timor, July 2 Kyodo The United Nations Transitional Administration in East Timor (UNTAET), after a territory-wide registration process last month, said Monday 737,811 East Timorese registered as citizens of the territory.
3 Kyodo The United Nations Transitional Administration in East Timor (UNTAET) reaffirmed Monday its decision to evict the operator of territory's largest hotel from the current site, which is said to be public land.
7 Kyodo The United Nations Transitional Administration in East Timor (UNTAET) set up a judicial panel Friday to try militia members allegedly involved in the violence that followed last August's referendum on independence, a spokesman for UNTAET said.