NEW YORK -- United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki Moon has described Pakistani rights activist Malala Yousufzai "a symbol of hope, a daughter of the United Nations.
What does UNSG stand for?
UNSG stands for United Nations Secretary General
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UNSG
- United Nations Statistics Division
- United Nations Social Defense Research Institute (predecessor of UNICRI)
- Under Secretary of the Navy
- Office of the United Nations Security Coordinator
- Union Nationale des Syndicats de l'Education Nationale (French: National Union of Syndicates of National Education)
- United Nations Security Force
- United Nations Space Force (fictional unit)
- United Nations Special Fund
- United Nations Security Forces, Hollandia
- United Nations Support Facility for Indonesian Recovery
- Unocal North Sumatera Geothermal Ltd.
- Upper Nidderdale Scout Group (UK)
- United Nations Secretary General Advisory Board
- Union of Nova Scotia Indians
- Unione Nazionale Sottufficiali Italiani (Italian: Italian National Non-Commissioned Officers Union)
- United Nations Special Initiative on Africa
- United Nations Statistical Institute for Asia and the Pacific
- UNEFACT Standard Interactive Message
- Unión Sindical de Trabajadores de Guatemala (United Front of Guatemalan Workers)
- United Nations Commission on International Trade Law
Samples in periodicals archive:
Summary: PARIS - Shaikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Foreign Minister and United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon on Thursday exchanged views on the current global situation, including agriculture, energy, climate change and food security as well as the items on the agenda of the current G20 Leaders Summit in Cannes, France.
Byline: Daily Star Staff Summary: United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon will ask the Security Council in the next few days to extend the mandate of peacekeepers in South Lebanon for one year without amendment to the mission's rules of engagement, according to Lebanon's Al-Mustaqbal newspaper.
Byline: ANI Summary: United Nations Secretary General, Ban Ki-Moon has warned that failure to combat climate change would destabilize many countries.