Between 2000 and 2011, an estimated one-third of women between the ages of 20 and 24 in low-and middle-income countries (excluding China) were married by age 18, and one in eight were married by age 15, according to a new report by the United Nations Population Fund entitled Marrying Too Young: End Child Marriage.
What does UNFPA stand for?
UNFPA stands for United Nations Population Fund (formerly United Nations Fund for Population Activities)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UNFPA
We have 1 other meaning of UNFPA in our Acronym Attic
- United Nations Fund for International Partnerships
- United National Football League
- Unicenter Network Forensics Mobile Edition
- Undergraduate Flight Officers
- Unidentified Non-Flying Object
- Understanding New Frameworks of Learning Design
- United Nations Force (UN Peacekeeping)
- Union Nationale des Forces Populaires (French: National Union of Popular Forces, Morocco)
- User Notes on Fortran Programming
- United Nations Fund for Population Activities (now United Nations Population Fund)
- Ukrainian National Sambo Federation
- Union Nationale des Femmes Sahraouies (French: National Union of Saharawi Women)
- United Nations Fish Stock Agreement (Australia)
- United Nations Field Security Office
- United Nations Financing System in Science and Technology Development
- United Nations Fund for Science and Technology for Development
- Unified Navy Field Test Program
- Unfurnished (as in an apartment)
- Until Further Notice
- Universidad Nacional Federico Villarreal (Lima, Peru)
Samples in periodicals archive:
ISLAMABAD -- The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) on Wednesday launched The State of World Population 2012 report around the theme "By Choice, Not by Chance: Family Planning, Human Rights and Development".
Vice Prime Minister of Kyrgyzstan Gulnara Asymbekov on Tuesday met with the delegation of the United Nations Population Fund to discuss current cooperation in reproductive health, population and gender policy, as well as implementation of the joint action plan of the country's program for 2012-2016 between the Government of Kyrgyzstan and the United Nations Population Fund.
The United Nations Population Fund has offered three tons of humanitarian aid to the Egyptian Red Crescent for distribution to families and individuals caught fleeing from Libya in the Salloum area on the Egyptian-Libyan border.
Damascus, (SANA) --People's Assembly, in cooperation with the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), held on Monday a workshop on early marriage and its effects on family and society at Umayah Hotel, Damascus.
16, SPA -- United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon and Saudi Representative to the UN Khalid Al-Nafisee hailed here today the former President of the United Nations Population Fund, Dr.
The study conducted by the Technical Office of the National Committee for Population within its working programme in conjunction of with the Sub-Regional Office of the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) in Muscat, aims at acknowledging the time of the advent demographic window in the future, conditions of its occurrence, profits that the Sultanate can gain from the expected demographic change and the demographic window accompanying such a change.
Adding It Up: The Costs and Benefits of Investing in Family Planning and Maternal and Newborn Health Guttmacher Institute and UNFPA, 2009 In honor of the 15th anniversary of the International Conference on Population and Development, the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) and the Guttmacher Institute teamed up to look at the fiscal benefits of supporting reproductive health.