Reductions in maternal and child mortality were among the eight goals cited in the United Nations Millennium Declaration of 2000.
What does UNMD stand for?
UNMD stands for United Nations Millennium Declaration
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- United Nations Mine Action Office (Sudan)
- United Nations Mine Action Service
- United Nations Mission in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council (United Nations Foundation)
- United Native Ministries Council
- Universalist National Memorial Church
- University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha, NE)
- Unspecified Minor Miltary Construction, Army
- United Nations Memorial Cemetery in Korea
- United Nations Mine Clearance Training Team
- United Nations Millennium Development Goals
- Universidad Nacional de Mar Del Plata (Argentina)
- Urban Non-Manual Employees (India)
- You and Me
- United Nations Mission in Ethiopia and Eritrea
- United Nations Mission in East Timor (est. 1999)
- University of New Mexico General Library
- University of New Mexico Hospital (Albuquerque, NM)
- Uganda National Minimum Health Care Package
- University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Decade is also hoping to increase the efforts for achieving international water-related goals and the United Nations Millennium Declaration.
There already exists a bold set of commitments that go a long way toward achieving these targets, namely the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), which are the eight goals that all 191 UN member states unanimously agreed to in 2002 by signing the United Nations Millennium Declaration.
14, the leaders of more than 170 countries are to show up to sign an agreement, under negotiation for six months, to bolster the United Nations Millennium Declaration, which was drafted with great fanfare in 2000.
Millennium Development Goals The United Nations Millennium Declaration (2000) prioritizes development and freedom for all the peoples of the world.
Meanwhile, progress made at the start of the new century, with the adoption of the United Nations Millennium Declaration that identified goals such as the end of absolute poverty and hunger by 2015, to be achieved within set time periods, has slowed, she said.
3 billion over the next three years for a new foreign aid program to promote the key development objectives described in the United Nations Millennium Declaration.