Summary: Some 8,000 Syrian refugees are estimated to have registered with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees this week, the highest weekly figure since the start of the crisis.
What does UNHCR stand for?
UNHCR stands for United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 4 other meanings of UNHCR in our Acronym Attic
- Unnilhexium (element 106)
- Uranium Nitrate Hexahydrate
- University of New Hampshire-interoperability Laboratory
- United Nations Centre for Human Settlements
- United Nations Humanitarian Affairs Officer
- United Nations Humanitarian Air Services
- Universitas Hassanudin Makassar
- United Nations Humanitarian Coordinator
- Utrechts Nieuwsblad/Haagsche Courant (The Netherlands)
- United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
- United Nations Human Development (report)
- United Nations Human Development Index
- United Nations Human Development Report
- University of New Hampshire Foundation
- Ultimate Nightmares Haunted House (San Bernardino County Fairgrounds, CA)
- United Nations Habitat and Human Settlements Foundation
- University of New Hampshire Interoperability Laboratory
- United Nations High-Level Dialogue (UN)
- University of New Hampshire at Manchester
- University of New Hampshire Muslim Students Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
ISLAMABAD -- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) has planned to help repatriate 150,000 Afghan refugee from Pakistan during this year.
Amman, June 8(Petra)-- Minister of Communications and Information Technology Atef Tal and United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Antonio Guterres on Friday opened the UN Refugee Agency's center for communications and information technology services.
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Goodwill Ambassador Angelina Jolie greets media members as she leaves from Hatay airport, southern Turkey, June 17, 2011.
04, 2010, SPA -- Prince Faisal bin Abdullah bin Abdulaziz, President of Saudi Red Crescent Authority (SRCA), received here today the former Regional Representative for United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees Affairs (UNHCRA) Ahmed Abdulwahab Jubartallah.