According to the UAEAEs progress report on the disease for January 2008-December 2009 that will be presented for the first time at the United Nations General Assembly Special Session (UNGASS) later this year, the number, which includes both locals and expatriates, stayed stable (under 50) from 1995 to 1999.
What does UNGASS stand for?
UNGASS stands for United Nations General Assembly Special Session
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- UNG's not GNU
- Unguent (ointment, medical)
- Unified Newspaper Group (Madison, WI)
- United States Natural Gas Fund LP (stock symbol)
- University of Geneva (Geneva, Switzerland)
- University of North Georgia (est. 2013)
- United Nations General Assembly
- Urinary Neutrophil Gelatinase-Associated Lipocalin
- United Nations General Assembly Official Records
- United Nations Genocide Convention
- United Nations Global Compact
- United Nations Godzilla Countermeasures Center
- United Nations Guard Contingent in Iraq
- United Nations Global Compact Office
- United Nations Guidelines on Consumer Protection
- United Nations Global Defense Act (UN)
- Unione Nazionale Giovani Dottori Commercialisti (Italy)
- United Nations Global Defense Initiative (Command and Conquer game)
- United Nations Group of Experts on Geographical Names
Samples in periodicals archive:
The group plans to present the doctrine and a written "Plan of Action" to governments participating in the United Nations General Assembly Special Session on Children, urging them to reaffirm their commitment to complete the unfinished agenda of the World Summit for Children, and to address other emerging issues vital to the achievement of long-term goals and objectives for children.
Official Web Page The Web page for the United Nations General Assembly Special Session on HIV/AIDS (often called UNGASS) is http://www.
The key elements of this movement include: a) the development of a new global agenda for children, b) a review of World Summit Goals, c) an initiative to build commitment from a broad range of leaders (Leadership Initiative), and d) the process of preparation of and the holding of a United Nations General Assembly Special Session on the follow-up to the World Summit for Children in September 2001.
Dozens of organizations have called for a march and rally in New York on June 23, just before the United Nations General Assembly Special Session on AIDS (UNGASS).
Civil society throughout the world (including nonprofits and businesses, especially in developing countries) has been invited to participate in a United Nations General Assembly Special Session on HIV and AIDS, June 25-27, 2001.