Kerry said in a statement that the US "is pleased that the United Nations General Assembly has approved a strong, effective and implementable Arms Trade Treaty that can strengthen global security while protecting the sovereign right of states to conduct legitimate arms trade.
What does UNGA stand for?
UNGA stands for United Nations General Assembly
This definition appears very frequently
- Unfurnished (as in an apartment)
- Until Further Notice
- Universidad Nacional Federico Villarreal (Lima, Peru)
- UNG's not GNU
- Unguent (ointment, medical)
- Unified Newspaper Group (Madison, WI)
- United States Natural Gas Fund LP (stock symbol)
- University of Geneva (Geneva, Switzerland)
- University of North Georgia (est. 2013)
- Urinary Neutrophil Gelatinase-Associated Lipocalin
- United Nations General Assembly Official Records
- United Nations General Assembly Special Session
- United Nations Genocide Convention
- United Nations Global Compact
- United Nations Godzilla Countermeasures Center
- United Nations Guard Contingent in Iraq
- United Nations Global Compact Office
- United Nations Guidelines on Consumer Protection
- United Nations Global Defense Act (UN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
15(Petra)-- The United Nations General Assembly President Vuk Jeremic called on the international community "to foster harmony amongst religions, as a foundation for establishing a global culture of peace.
PNN Breaking: United Nations General Assembly announced that 138 countries voted for the Palestinian bid, 9 against and 41 abstained.
Summary: Jeddah, Shawwal 11, 1431, Sept 20, SPA -- The Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC) will hold a meeting of foreign ministers of its Member States on the sidelines of the annual meetings of the United Nations General Assembly which will run until 27 September 2010.
Summary: United Nations - The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) adopted, Thursday without a vote, a draft resolution that reiterates the United Nations' support for the process of negotiations on the Sahara, calling upon "all the parties and the states of the region to cooperate fully with the UN Secretary-General and his Personal Envoy and with each other.