The Minister welcomed a UN Security Council statement issued last Wednesday, which demanded the government forces and the Syrian opposition to ensure the safety of United Nations forces in the Golan Heights after the escalation of the conflict in Syria.
What does UNFOR stand for?
UNFOR stands for United Nations Force (UN Peacekeeping)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Upper North Fork Feather River
- United Natural Foods Inc
- United Natural Foods Incorporated (various locations)
- United Nations Forces In Cyprus
- United Nations Fund for International Partnerships
- United National Football League
- Unicenter Network Forensics Mobile Edition
- Undergraduate Flight Officers
- Unidentified Non-Flying Object
- Understanding New Frameworks of Learning Design
- Union Nationale des Forces Populaires (French: National Union of Popular Forces, Morocco)
- User Notes on Fortran Programming
- United Nations Fund for Population Activities (now United Nations Population Fund)
- United Nations Population Fund (formerly United Nations Fund for Population Activities)
- Ukrainian National Sambo Federation
- Union Nationale des Femmes Sahraouies (French: National Union of Saharawi Women)
- United Nations Fish Stock Agreement (Australia)
- United Nations Field Security Office
- United Nations Financing System in Science and Technology Development
- United Nations Fund for Science and Technology for Development
Samples in periodicals archive:
For its continued excellence in operations, the Unit was sent 'Out of turn' for United Nations Mission tenure in Lebanon in January 2008 where it was awarded the United Nations Force Commander Citation.
Our presence there, as part of a United Nations force that includes soldiers from the USA, France, Holland, Australia, Canada and others, is wholly supported by David Cameron.
More than 1,000 British troops died in the Korean War and over 2,500 were injured serving as part of the United Nations forces during 1950-53.
Summary: The Israeli army said troops in the occupied Golan Heights came under small arms fire from Syria on Sunday The Israeli army said troops in the occupied Golan Heights came under small arms fire from Syria on Sunday and that, although no one was hurt, it had complained to the United Nations force that monitors the frontier area.
Foreign Secretary David Miliband and French counterpart Bernard Kouchner, who have been in Congo, want more aid but fell short of promising to bolster a 17,000-strong United Nations force keeping a fragile ceasefire.