DAMASCUS, (SANA)_ The Foreign and Expatriates Ministry stressed the importance that the UN unequivocally condemns the attacks of the armed terrorist groups on the United Nations Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF) observers and the civilians in the disengagement area in the Syrian Golan.
What does UNDOF stand for?
UNDOF stands for United Nations Disengagement Observer Force
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of UNDOF in our Acronym Attic
- Uganda National Disability Information Support Organization
- United Nations Depository Library (est. 1946; various nations)
- Universal Networking Digital Language
- Universidad Nacional de La Pampa (Argentina)
- Union Nationale des Distributeurs, Grossistes en Mercerie
- United Nations Disaster Management Team
- United Nations Disaster Management Training Programme
- United Nations Division of Narcotic Drugs
- United Negros Drivers Operators Center (The Philippines)
- United Nations Development Office for Somalia
- Unión Nacional para la Democracia y el Progreso (National Union for Democracy and Progress)
- Union National Democracy Party (est. 1988; Myanmar)
- United National Democratic Party (now United Progressive Party; Antigua and Barbuda)
- United Nations Development Programme
- United New Democratic Party (now United Democratic Party; South Korea)
- Universal Notebook Data Platform (wireless networking)
- United Nations Department of Political Affairs
- United Nations Department for Policy Coordination and Sustainable Development
- United Nations Division for Public Economics and Public Administration
Samples in periodicals archive:
On Thursday, a statement from the foreign ministry said: "The Philippine government is calling for the immediate release of 21 Filipino peacekeepers who are part of the United Nations Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF) in the Golan Heights.
The command of the Martyrs of Yarmouk announced that it is holding forces of the United Nations Disengagement Observer Force until the withdrawal of forces of the regime of (President) Bashar al-Assad from the outskirts of the village of Jamla," said the man, wearing civilian clothes.
The news has been greeted with jubilation by the 180 Canadians assigned to the United Nations Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF).
Margelov: Detainment of UNDOF Personnel "Outrageous Act" China Condemns Capture of UNDOF Personnel by Armed Terrorist Group EU calls for immediate release of UN detained members The Philippines Condemns Seizure of UNDOF Personnel Mar 08, 2013 CAPITALS, (SANA)_ Russian Deputy Foreign Minister, Gennady Gatilov denounced the detention of United Nations Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF) personnel by an armed terrorist group, describing it as a disregard for the international organization.
In a relevant context, the Foreign Ministry summoned Commander of the United Nations Disengagement Observer Force in the occupied Golan (UNDOF), Major-General Iqbal Singha, informing him of its official condemnation of the Israeli violation of the Israeli-Syria 1974 Disengagement of Forces Agreement and its obligations, after an Israeli warplane violated the Syrian airspace and attacked a scientific research center in Jamraya in Damascus countryside.
Arnous called upon the international , legal and humanitarian organizations to put pressures on the Israeli occupation authorities to allow the crossing of the Golan apples, asserting that Quneitra Province has already completed all procedures to receive the apples' shipments across Quneitra crossing, in coordination with the International Red Cross and United Nations Disengagement Observer Forces ( UNDOF).
Quneitra, (SANA)-The amount of apples coming from the occupied Syrian Golan through Quneitra border crossing has so far reached 7500 tons, imported in cooperation with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and the United Nations Disengagement Observer Forces (UNDOF).