According to a United Nations Development Fund for Women study, many of the widows in Vrindavan do not come here voluntarily.
What does UNDFW stand for?
UNDFW stands for United Nations Development Fund for Women
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of UNDFW in our Acronym Attic
- Under Secretary of the Navy (US Navy)
- United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs
- United Nations Decade of Education for Sustainable Development
- United Nations Department of Economic and Social Development
- Underwater Explosion
- United Nations Democracy Fund
- United Nations Detention Facility (Tanzania)
- United Nations Development Fund
- Uganda National Dairy Farmers' Association
- Underground (mining)
- United Nations Dangerous Goods (four-digit number classification; UN Sub-Committee of Experts on the Transport of Dangerous Goods)
- United Nations Development Group
- United Nations Development Group Office
- United Nations Daily Highlights
- United Nations Department of Humanitarian Affairs
- United Nation's Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- Universal Declaration on Human Rights (UN)
- United Nations Decade for Human Rights Education
- Universal Network Device Interface
Samples in periodicals archive:
Launched in 2009 by the United Nations Development Fund for Women or UN Women, has a number of advocacy efforts including volunteering at local shelters, calling for legislation or donating funds towards program that protect women and girls from violence.
pdf and United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM), Status of Jordanian Women: Demography, Economic Participation, Political Participation and Violence, (Amman, Jordan, UNIFEM, 2004).
Sleiman attended the gathering upon the invitation of the National Commission for Lebanese Women (NCLW) and the United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM), which collaborated to produce the publication BEIRUT: First Lady Wafaa Sleiman launched a guide book about the situation of women in Lebanon, during a celebration at the Bristol Hotel in Beirut on Saturday.
Summary: Rabat - Morocco and the United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM) signed, Monday in Rabat, an agreement on a programme for supporting the implementation of the Family Code through the facilitation of women's access to justice services.
UN Women will merge the United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM) with its three existing sister UN entities working on gender issues--the Division for the Advancement of Women (DAW), the Office of the Special Adviser on Gender Issues and Advancement of Women (OSAGI), and the UN International Research and Training Institute for the Advancement of Women (INSTRAW).
A number of parliament members will take part in the seminar, representing Sudan, Egypt, Bahrain, Palestine, Morocco, Syria, Somalia, Oman, UAE, Tunisia, Jordan, Libya, besides the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR), The United Nations Development Fund for Women, and the League of Arab States.
In this context, the OAS recently signed a collaboration agreement with the United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM) which formalizes and supports the ability of UNIFEM, OAS, and the OAS Inter-American Commission of Women (CIM) to effect change.